How do I sign up for the New York Times?
Everyone with an mcla.edu email address is now eligible to sign up for a free subscription to the New York Times digital edition (website and/or mobile app)! Just follow these simple directions:
- Navigate to accessnyt.com
- Search for and select Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts. You will be redirected to the NYT registration page.
- Click "Create Account" and complete the form. You must use your @mcla.edu email address.
- Verify your account. You will receive a confirmation email (check your spam folder if you don't see it within a couple of minutes). You must click the link in this email to complete the registration
MCLA's digital subscription includes most nyt.com content, with a few exceptions.
- The crossword and e-reader (Kindle, Nook, etc.) editions are not included in MCLA's subscription package.
- NYT Cooking is not included in MCLA's subscription package.
- Wirecutter is not included in MCLA's subscription package.
- Access to some of the archive (1923-1980) may be limited. (The library does have most of those years on microfilm.)
The NYT in Education website (faculty focused site that includes 16 discipline-specific areas of study, discussion prompts, learning outcomes, Instructional Strategies, and Co-Curricular Activities) is a separate website and requires its own username/password. You must register for access (and use your @mcla.edu email address) here: nytimesineducation.com/register
If you experience any issues while activating or using your subscription, please contact the library.
Didn't find your answer here? Contact us whenever and however it's most convenient for you.